HUMAN REMAINS AND ASHES TO FIJI
PROCEDURES FOR REPATRIATION OF HUMAN REMAINS OR ASHES TO FIJI:
- A letter of validation and request from the deceased's relatives (sometime it is done through the airline rep).
- Copy of passport (validation of the deceased)
- Documents verifying cause of death ( Death certificate)
- Embalming certificate or cremation validation
- Medical certificate from Health Authorities (Public health issue... evidence of contagious/non-contagious
disease) and other relevant documents pertaining to the cause of death.
For deceased bodies, clearance fee is $F172.50
For human ashes, clearance fee is $F57.50
Most of the requests are directly carried out by an undertaker through the various cargo handlers/airline. The
agencies know of these requirements. Through this information, our border control officers are advised for
facilitation and necessary clearance procedures. Original documents must be presented upon arrival.
The Fiji Embassy can provide a letter in support of efforts made to expedite the repatriation of the body or the ashes.