FIJI NATIONALS IN THE USA, CANADA AND MEXICO
Fiji citizens residing in the US, Canada or Mexico should register with the Embassy. Through registration, the Embassy can more accurately gauge the number and location of Fiji citizens in the event that an emergency situation necessitates the rapid dissemination of vital information. Registration may be done in person at the Embassy or by clicking on the link below to downloading, completing and sending to the Embassy the form below.
Downloadable Registration Forms for Fiji Nationals in the United States of America
Fiji citizens traveling in the US, Canada or Mexico should be aware that the Embassy can only provide a very basic safety net for travelers in difficulty. Travelers need to be aware that Fiji citizens who enter a foreign state become subject to its laws and are legally accountable for acts they commit on its territory. In the event of a Fiji citizen finding him or herself in difficulty, Fiji Embassy Officers will seek to ensure that Fiji citizens receive the benefit of the same laws, administration, protection and means of redress which the foreign state affords its own subjects.
If you do happen to encounter serious problems while you are in the US, Canada or Mexico, you should seek the assistance of the Fiji Embassy. However, there are very clear limits to what the Fiji Embassy can do.
What the Embassy Can Do
- Issue emergency travel documents.
- Provide assistance in the case of an accident, serious illness, or death to arrange for
next of kin to be informed.
- Provide a list of doctors and lawyers.
- Visit you in jail, if you are arrested, if you so request and arrange for your family to be
informed, if you wish.
- Help you during emergencies, such as natural disasters.
What the Embassy Cannot Do
- Arrange any of your travel or hotel bookings.
- Pay your hotel, medical, or any other bills or become involved in disputes about these
- Provide funds to pay your legal costs or fines.
- Get you out of jail.
- Represent you at legal proceedings or give legal advice.
- Obtain special treatment for you in jail, or hospital, or in any dealings you might have
with local authorities.
- Obtain work or a work permit for you.
of Washington D.C.
The Fiji Embassy is the representative of the Government of Fiji in the United States of America. The Embassy is also accredited to Canada and
FIJI EMBASSY, DC
1707 L STREET, NW, SUITE 200
WASHINGTON, DC 20036
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm